How to Submit
This journal is a comprehensive academic journal of paleontology and its related biological stratigraphy. It mainly publishes original research papers, disciplinary trends, academic discussions, book reviews, and applications of new technologies and methods in paleontology and its related disciplines. In order to further improve the academic quality of Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, the following manuscript is hereby invited.
1. This magazine is a Chinese version, with a Chinese abstract of around 300 words and an English abstract of over 300 words. We encourage the addition of English content. The summary is written in the third person to illustrate the main content and research results of the paper. The keywords generally do not exceed 8 phrases, and each article (including images, tables, references, and foreign language summaries) does not exceed 20000 words and is not serialized. A brief report of less than 1000 words is recommended.
2. The submission requires clear academic viewpoints, concise writing, appropriate application of charts, and the translation of terms, units of measurement, and names and places in the text should be written in accordance with relevant national standards. Please italicize any foreign language that needs to be italicized. Foreign letters should be clearly distinguished between uppercase and lowercase, italics, and numbers, symbols, etc. marked in the upper and lower corners. The establishment of new taxonomic units requires strict adherence to international animal and plant naming conventions and compliance with official publication requirements. New taxonomic units such as new families, genera, and species must have English descriptions and provide LSID numbers.
3. The title and its explanation must be in both Chinese and English, using six point characters, and the Chinese and English content should be arranged in sections. The image, title, and description are arranged on the same page, with a maximum usable area of 17 cm × 23 cm。 The text in the figure should be in bold font (English Arial), and the number in the figure should be placed in uppercase letters in the upper left corner. The size of the scale and number should not exceed the font of the main text.
4. This publication does not arrange the plates separately. All fossil images should be made into illustrations and arranged in appropriate positions in the main text. The illustrated specimen must have a specimen registration number and a description of the storage location.
5. The reference adopts the "author publication year" system, and the cited literature is composed of the author and year in the main text. Chinese and English literature are listed separately, with Chinese literature first and English literature second, arranged alphabetically by the author's surname. Translate Japanese and Russian literature into English, followed by a note of "(in Japanese)" or "(in Russian)". Translate the Chinese literature into English separately, with the following note "(in Chinese/in Chinese with English abstract/in Chinese with English summary)". All references cited in the main text must be listed in the references, and the author of the paper should be fully listed. The place of publication, publisher and journal name are not abbreviated.
According to the national standards for reference literature description, the description format of each treatise is:
Author, year Title of the article Publication name, volume number: starting and ending page numbers
Author, year title. Place of publication: publisher Starting and ending page numbers
c. Selected monographs of literature
Author, year Title of the article In: Editor's editor (ed. or eds.), a monograph or collection name (multi volume collection with volume number) Place of publication: publisher Refer to the starting and ending pages of the article
ｄ. This publication does not use "footnotes", and unofficially published citations are listed in the references, with "unpublished data" indicated in parentheses at the end of the reference.
6. Please submit a manuscript document organized using Microsoft Word software and draw images using CorelDRAW and Photoshop. Each image should provide around 400 kb of illustrations and be included in the Word document. After finalization, additional images in JPG format with a resolution of 600dpi are required.
7. Authors should use the online submission system of Acta Palaeontologica Sinica（http://gswxb.cnjournals.cn/gswxb/author/login ）When submitting, please fill in each item according to the system requirements and upload the manuscript and related materials. Authors are not allowed to submit more than one manuscript.
8. After receiving the manuscript, the editorial department will conduct a preliminary review of the manuscript. After the preliminary review is approved, two domestic and foreign peer experts will be invited to review the manuscript. After receiving the review comments, the editorial department and the editor in chief will decide whether to return the manuscript to the author for modification or rejection. After the revised manuscript is reintroduced into the online submission system of Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, the editorial department and editor in chief will decide whether to ultimately accept the manuscript. The editorial department has the right to make formatting and necessary textual modifications to the submitted manuscript. For officially accepted manuscripts, the editorial department will charge publishing fees according to regulations. After the manuscript is published, a reasonable remuneration will be paid and a PDF version of the paper will be provided.
9. In order to meet the needs of China's information construction, expand the academic exchange channels of authors, and enhance the influence of this journal, this journal has been included in multiple abstract publications both domestically and internationally, and has been added to databases of relevant units such as the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China and Tsinghua University. The copyright usage fee related to the author has been paid in a lump sum by this journal after the author's paper is published. If the author does not agree to include the article in the database or be included, please make a statement when submitting the article, and this journal will handle it appropriately.
Address of editorial department of this journal: editorial department of Journal of Paleontology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology, No. 39, East Beijing Road, Nanjing (210008)
*For an example of manuscript format, please download the format template of "Journal of Paleontology" - manuscript format template 2021古生物学报--稿件格式模板2021.
*If you encounter website operation issues, please add a technical personnel (QQ: 2024065738, 505331320) for consultation.